Course Aim and Purpose
Watsan Training is offering a free short course in Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies. The course is designed for technical professionals, students and graduates who want to gain knowledge in the field of water and sanitation. On completion of the course, participants will be able to effectively disseminate key hygiene messages in a community including what people can do to prevent and control the spread of diseases and the proper use and maintenance of WASH facilities. A highly recognized certificate is issued upon successful completion of the course.
- To enable you to transform and be an agent of change in promoting appropriate and desirable hygiene and sanitation practices.
- To equip enable you to understand the concepts/ elements and methodologies necessary for hygiene promotion.
- To enable you to understand causes, transmission routes, prevention, management & control of diarrheal and vector-borne diseases.
- To familiarize you with the tools for data collection, monitoring and presentation
The Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies short course requires completion of:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Hygiene Promotion
Lesson 2: Hygiene and Health
Lesson 3: Focus of Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies
Lesson 4: Key Principles of Hygiene Promotion
Lesson 5: Hygiene Promotion Staff
Lesson 6: Women, Men and Children
Lesson 7: Hygiene Promotion Actions
Lesson 8: Hygiene Promotion Intervention Levels
Lesson 9: Key Indicators for Hygiene Practice
Lesson 10: Key Indicators for Programme Implementation
Lesson 11: End of Course Assignments
Benefits of the Hygiene Promotion in Emergencies Course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work in water and sanitation.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request