Course Aim and Purpose
The Diploma in Human Resource Management course strives to maximise personal development, grow management and leadership skills and contribute to positive economic change in the countries from which students are drawn. The main focus of the programme is to equip students with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities in order to perform various human resource management functions at the foundation level in an organisation.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Plan, manage and coordinate human resource requirements for an organisation.
- Apply human resource principles when selecting and recruiting employees.
- Communicate effectively to ensure development of employees and ensure maintenance of good working relationships.
- Understand and apply the basic conditions of employment act in an organisation.
- Explain the human resource principles related to employee benefits compensation and management of employees.
- Supervise and manage employees’ performance.
- Articulate the operations service and performance levels required in the organisation.
The Diploma in Human Resource Management requires completion of the following course modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Module 2: Human Resource Planning
- Module 3: Job Analysis and Job Design
- Module 4: Recruitment
- Module 5: Selection
- Module 6: Employee Training
- Module 7: Executive Development
- Module 8: Performance Appraisal
- Module 9: Wage and Salary Administration
- Module 10: Compensation and Incentives
- Module 11: Employee Health and Safety
- Module 12: Industrial Psychology
- Module 13: Human Values and Professional Ethics
- Module 14: Office Administration and Management
- Module 15: Report Writing and Presentation
Benefits of the Diploma in Human Resource Management Course
- Receive a Watsan Training Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work in Human Resource Management.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request