Course Aim and Purpose
This course in Business Information Systems is intended to provide a comprehensive guide to choosing the appropriate information system for an organisation.
The course covers, in detail, the software and hardware technologies which form Information Systems, the activities involved in acquiring and building new Information Systems and the elements of strategy required to manage Information Systems effectively
On completion of this course, you will have a thorough understanding of the value, use and management of information, information systems and information technology in order to revitalise business processes, improve managerial decision-making and gain a competitive advantage; and
You will also be able to apply the various principles and techniques in an integrative way to deal with the core dynamics of information management.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:-
- Apply analytical, logical, and critical thinking abilities in the development of effective information systems solutions
- Evaluate information systems and enterprise solutions appropriate to meet presented business challenges
- Develop alternative information systems solutions appropriate for addressing business problems
- Apply knowledge to make responsible decisions when addressing professional, ethical, legal, and social issues and responsibilities relevant to the Information Technology discipline
Benefits of the Business Information Systems Course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request