Course Aim and Purpose
The impact of an effective leader on a team, service and organisation can be dramatic; and these skills can be learned. To learn these skills, or to hone existing leadership capabilities, leaders need the ability to gauge their own leadership skill set and then look for practical ways of improving in the most important areas. This hands-on free short course will give you the awareness and knowledge to develop your leadership skills and to grow into a confident, competent and well-respected leader within your council.
The course is ideal for learners who are interested in developing and demonstrating the skills and qualities required to be an effective leader. It can be used to develop leadership skills in a wide range of contexts.
Upon completion of this short course, you will be able to:
- State the nature and characteristic of leadership
- Identify the leadership styles and patterns
- Discuss the leadership skills
- Explain the importance and various theories of leadership
This short course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Definitions and Meaning of Leadership
Lesson 2: Characteristic of Leadership
Lesson 3: Leadership Styles
Lesson 4: Leadership Skill
Lesson 5: Importance of Leadership
Lesson 6: Functions of a Leader
Lesson 7: Theories of Leadership Contemporary Issues in Leadership
Lesson 8: End Of Course Assignment
Benefits of the Leadership Skills Short Course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work in Management.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request
- Graduates are highly sought after and targeted as desired candidates for employment
Watsan Training’s Commitment
Our focus is on creating learning and development solutions that are not only interesting, practical and relevant, but that also deliver results that are meaningful for our learners. We combine expertise in design, management and leadership and adult learning to create solutions that are responsive to and tailored for industry and learners needs.