Course Aim and Purpose
Technical skills alone do not meet real world work and business requirements; they have to be supplemented by management training. In fact, most people find that their success depends as much on general management skills and understanding operational systems as on their technical expertise. To become complete professionals, students need a firm foundation in these basic managerial skills.
The Fundamentals of Management course is a basic introductory and foundational management course designed for non-business students who wish to equip themselves with key knowledge, skills, and competencies in various aspects of management.
Upon completion of this short course, you will be able to:
- Characterize the difference between a manager and a leader
- Understand the reasons behind successful Projects.
- Describe the main styles of management
- Discuss how management style affects management and the organization.
- Distinguish the difference between the top, middle and lower management
- Describe what management function entails
- Describe the different functions that managers perform
- Identify the difference between management roles and management skills
- Discuss the importance of managerial roles and skills.
- Identify what managing people is all about
This short course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Who is a Manager/Leader?
Lesson 2: Styles of Management
Lesson 3: Levels of Management
Lesson 4: Functions of Management
Lesson 5: Areas of Management
Lesson 6: Management Roles and Skills
Lesson 7: Managing People
Lesson 8: Case Study – An Innovative Manager
Lesson 9: End Of Course Assignment
This short course is free to enrol and complete. An end of course assignment review feedback report is issued on successfully completion of this course and submission of the end of course assignment. Should you require a certificate, you can request for one at a cost of $5.99 for a digital certificate in PDF format and $24.99 for a physical version hard copy certificate.
The officially branded and security-marked Watsan Training Certificate is a great way to share your achievement with the world. It is also ideal for sharing with potential employers and an indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results.