Course Aim and Purpose
This free short course in Monitoring & Evaluation Fundamentals brings learning into practice and enables you to understand the importance of using information and knowledge for evidence-based strategic decision making.
Aimed at those who are relatively new to M&E, this course ensures participants have a thorough understanding of M&E concepts and core practical skills and the confidence needed to do M&E effectively.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Fundamentals short course is free to enrol and complete. An end of course assignment review feedback report is issued on successfully completion of this course and submission of the end of course assignment. Should you require a certificate, you can request for one at a cost of $5.99 for a digital certificate in PDF format and $18.99 for a physical version hard copy certificate.
The officially branded and security-marked Watsan Training Certificate is a great way to share your achievement with the world. It is also ideal for sharing with potential employers and an indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results.
Take the course for free and decide whether or not you’ll choose to pay for a certificate.
On successful completion of this short course, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic purposes and scope of M&E;
- Differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions;
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan;
- Identify the main components of an M&E plan;
- Identify and differentiate between conceptual frameworks, results frameworks and logic models;
- Describe how frameworks are used for M&E planning;
- Identify criteria for the selection of indicators;
- Describe how indicators are linked to frameworks;
- Identify types of data sources; and
- Describe how information can be used for decision-making.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Fundamentals course requires completion of:
Lesson 1: Basic M&E Concepts
Lesson 2: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plans
Lesson 3: Components of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan
Lesson 4: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Frameworks
Lesson 5: Indicators Lesson 6: Characteristics of indicators
Lesson 7: Data Sources Lesson