Course Aim and Purpose
Project management is integral to the success of any business enterprise. The Diploma in Project Management course is designed to equip students with the skill sets needed to coordinate, lead and deliver projects from concept to completion.
On completion of this course, participants will possess a theoretical knowledge base and a range of specialized, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others. They will also be able to manage ventures within a variety of contexts and across a number of industry sectors.
This course is ideal for those wanting to develop their potential as a project manager across a wide range of industry contexts or seeking exposure to innovative solutions within project management, as well as how real-world applications of projects are achieved.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Project Management Course, you will be able to:
- Practice the process of project management and its application in delivering successful projects;
- Evaluate a project to develop the scope of work, provide accurate cost estimates and to plan the various activities;
- Understand and use risk management analysis techniques that identify the factors that put a project at risk and to quantify the likely effect of risk on project timescales;
- Identify the resources required for a project and to produce a work plan and resource schedule;
- Distinguish between the different types of project and follow the stages needed to negotiate an appropriate contract; and
- Develop a project plan and change control systems to integrate the various project elements.
The Diploma in Project Management requires completion of:
- Module 1: Fundamentals of Project Management
- Module 2: Project Scope and Time Management
- Module 3: Project Schedule, Cost and Budget Control
- Module 4: Project Risk Management
- Module 5: Project Quality Management
- Module 6: Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Module 7: Human Resource Management
- Module 8: Office Administration and Management
- Module 9: Report Writing and Presentation
Benefits of the Diploma in Project Management Course
- Receive a Watsan Training Center Certificate and transcript.
- Make yourself up to date with all the project management practices in the industry today
- Become ready to face challenges in the fast paced business world
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work in Project Management.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training Center.
- The Watsan Training Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request