Course Aim and Purpose
Successful change management requires thoughtful planning and sensitive implementation achieved via consultative communication. This change management short course will equip you with the principles of change management and techniques that will support organisational change. The course will show you how to develop a change plan, select an appropriate change model, apply the model to case studies and real-life scenarios and then post-evaluate to take corrective action where necessary to reinforce the change process. It will give you the right techniques, tools and structure to defeat resistance so that the goals of the organisation are achieved, by a systematic and co-ordinated process of change management.
Upon completion of this short course, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the change process.
- Illustrate the problems associated with making changes.
- Formulate an approach to deal with specific problems or issues.
- Construct a swot analysis for the purpose of decision making.
- Apply the various change management techniques.
This short course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction to Change Management
Lesson 2: Reasons for Change
Lesson3: Planning, Implementing And Monitoring Changes
Lesson 4: Dealing With a Specific Problem or Issue
Lesson 5: The Process of Managing Change
Lesson 6: Making Strategic Changes
Lesson 7: Benchmarking
Lesson 8: Problems Associated With Making Changes
Lesson 9: Change Management Processes and Models
Lesson 10: Resistance To Change And Overcoming Resistance To Change
Lesson 11: End Of Course Assignments
Benefits of the Change Management short course
- Receive a Watsan Training and Development Center Certificate and transcript.
- Learn how to apply knowledge and skills to your current or future work in management.
- An opportunity for individual mentoring and guidance from the Watsan Training and Development Center.
- The Watsan Training and Development Center will provide letters of recommendation upon request